Role & missions – What you will do 🚀
A new world and a new journey await you. It is a world different from any other HOMA has ever created.
We’re looking for a versatile Character Concept Artist who can create a variety of art to build a new exciting and beautiful game!
Your goal is to bring characters, creatures... no, scratch that... your goal is to bring an entire world to life! You’ll be providing inspiring art to inspiring gameplay.
If you’re a passionate (game) artist, and, well, a good human being, looking for a team where inclusion, thoughtfulness, empathy, professionalism, and collaboration are all seen as critically important, our team could be a phenomenal fit for you.
This is for the World Immersive RPG Homa Tales Mobile Game we are Developing and we are looking for YOU!
Join us and help craft our future!
About you – Who you are 🦄
You're good at:
- Creating jaw-dropping illustration work to capture the feel of the game and excite others with its unique artistic vision.
- Designing characters, props, high-vision concept art, color scripts, marketing material, and other visual guides to assist the development team
- Mixing art techniques to create a unique visual style for characters and creatures.
- Collaborating with other artists, including tech artists, to explore ideas and bring them to life
- Understanding characters’ anatomy from sculpting the form, shaping anatomy, and silhouette and adapting them to different styles as needed.
- Helping further develop the in-game characters, visual language, and rule sets for fantasy-based worlds.
- Managing your time and priorizing your work
What we look for:
- Inspiring people around you with your art, by being highly imaginative when you create characters, gear, weapons, props, and more. Your art skills can excite a team and contribute to the unique visual direction of a new game.
- Creating a diverse and wide range of alluring and inspiring creature concepts that draw players into a world while helping 2D/3D character artist model and texture them.
- Partnering with other artists, designers, and engineers to collaborate on creatively complex assignments to develop an inspiring art vision for this new Homa World experience.
- Executing on all aspects of being a Concept Artist. You fully understand how to contribute to the overall game development process.
- Understanding anatomy. In fact, you probably have an exceptional understanding of human and creature anatomy, and you also know how to stylize your art to create compelling, interesting, memorable diverse characters that fit the specific needs of the project.
Extra awesome points for:
- Having experience working with 2D/3D modeling or sculpting programs like Zbrush to quickly get your ideas generated and tested in engine.
- Having professional experience as a character artist in the games industry, working on AA/AAA games on mobile or console/PC.
- Playing lots of games. If you love games and you love dissecting them and thinking about how to take them to the next level, you’ll feel right at home.
- 5 to 10+ years of professional experience as a Character Artist focusing on character & creature modeling.
- Solid technical background with the ability to design and implement systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
Perks—What you get 🎁
- Success is its own reward, but here are the perks as well. You’ll be working with top-tier talent from 34+ countries.
- Don’t live in France or have a right to work here? No worries, we offer visa sponsorship, relocation packages and full remote options.
- If you’re interested in working from our newly-renovated Paris HQ with a rooftop garden and WeWork amenities, we’ve got a desk right here…
- You’ll have two annual reviews, meaning you’ll have two chances a year to prove you should be earning more.
- Don't speak French and don't want to learn it? Pas de problème, we work in English.
- See the world via team events + workation (the infamous company-wide Homa trip).
- We have a culture of continuous learning, supporting knowledge sharing & experience gaining through our learning platform.
- Essential benefits in France and specific locations: health insurance, meal vouchers, public transport subsidy, child-care benefits, and life insurance.