Homa is a gaming technology lab that gives game creators the data-driven tools and human expertise needed to turn their creative ideas into commercial hits. The technology we create is used by game creators around the world to create games that hit players' sweet spot, and the commercial jackpot.
Our “Homa Lab” platform gives game creators a comprehensive set of tools and solutions that lets them keep their eyes on new trends and ideas, execute real-time A/B testing of all their game's features through a no-code SDK, and distribute and monetize their games as well. It's a full end-to-end digital ecosystem that ensures developers are focused on the right idea, building games with every feature optimized, and distributing them at the right time, to people eager to play them, worldwide.
Does it work? Yep. Apps powered by our tech have been downloaded more than 1 billion times. And a lot of that is because we don't just sell our platform to clients and wish them well. We partner with them long-term, we make one hit, then we make some more. Homa is 50% a technology platform and 50% a collaborative, transparent partnership.
As a team, we're over 160 people and 34+ nationalities strong. Some of us are artists, some of us are business developers, engineers, entrepreneurs or former strategy consultants – but we're all here for the same thing: to take over the gaming industry by giving creators the data to transform their ideas into games played and money made.
Since inception, Homa raised a total of $165M to achieve this mission, with the participation of Headline, Northzone, Eurazeo, Singular, Quadrille Capital, Fabric Ventures and Bpifrance - along with renowned business angels, including King and FuboTV founders, and Spotify founder Daniel Ek’s family office.
Role & Missions—What you will do 🚀
As a Lead Unity Engineer, you will be part of the core internal production team that will develop Classic & Board games (evergreen games like Solitaire) from scratch. This team will be responsible for designing the game, defining the roadmap, engineering the game and iterating on the product. You will lead the engineering effort and also manage Unity Engineers in order to deliver the products in a timely manner.
More concretely, your missions will be the following:
Create and manage overall engineering architecture for the games
Manage Unity engineers and drive the technical process forward
Take full ownership of technical quality including optimization
Build reusable systems that we can apply to additional titles
Continuously recommend and improve the engineering process
If you’re creative, ambitious, and up for taking over the industry, we want you on our team.
- You have previous experience working on Mobile F2P Games (strong track record)
- You demonstrate strong Unity engineering capabilities (complete architecture level and understanding the big picture of how to maintain a larger game, including integration with 3rd party services).
- Your strong communication skills comined with a mature personality will allow you to execute a leadership role efficiently
- Experienced in A/B testing methods, you never hesitate to challenge UX and tech options
- Player friendly, you are concerned to provide our players with the best and funniest game experience
- You speak English fluently
Our Culture—Who we are🪐
At Homa, we value brains over backgrounds and determination over degrees. We believe actual growth results from diversity — nationalities, backgrounds, skill sets, and personal experiences — all working towards a single objective. If you’ve got the smarts, energy, and motivation, no barriers keep you from going far.
We are the people behind the platform - the creative specialists giving creators the data needed to power up their creativity. At Homa, we live by the three central values:
Ambition: we put flags on summits. We set our goals ambitiously high and don’t shy away from the climb. We’re on a mission to take over an industry thick with incumbents who won’t go quietly into the night. To succeed here, you’ll need a highly metaphorical shield and a sword.
Humility: we put our egos aside. We put our hands up. First to volunteer to help, second to high-five. Having an ego is natural, but letting it run the show is unhelpful to everyone. In the words of Mr. Lamar: Sit down. Be humble.
Curiosity: we keep our eyes open. We believe the best way to know anything is to question everything. And to do that, you need open eyes and open minds at all times.
Success is its own reward, but here are the perks as well.
- You’ll be working with top tier talent from 34+ countries
- If you’re interested in working from our Barcelone office with WeWork amenities, we’ve got a desk right here…
- You’ll have two annual reviews, meaning you’ll have two chances a year to prove you should be earning more.
- Don't speak Spanish and don't want to learn it? No problem, we work in English.
- See the world via team events + workation (the infamous company-wide Homa trip).
- We have a culture of continuous learning, supporting knowledge sharing & experience gaining through our learning platform.
- Essential benefits in Spain and specific locations: health insurance, meal vouchers, health insurance and life insurance.