Homa is a cutting-edge gaming technology and creative lab that empowers game creators with the tools and expertise they need to turn their unique game ideas into commercial successes. Our innovative technology is used by game developers worldwide to create games that resonate with players and capture their hearts.
Homa has already raised $165M in funding from top investors such as Headline, Northzone, Eurazeo, Singular, Quadrille Capital, Fabric Ventures, and Bpifrance, as well as from industry leaders like the founders of King and FuboTV and the family office of Spotify founder Daniel Ek.
As Lead Game Designer, you will lead the design and development of a new midcore game and IP. In this role, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining the vision for the game and managing the team responsible for designing and optimizing the player experience. Your expertise in core gameplay, F2P engagement, monetization best practices, and player insights, as well as your creativity, will be essential in creating enjoyable experiences for players.
Our first game is in the early stages of development and is an exciting blend of RPGs, tactical battling and city-building. As the Lead Game Designer, you will work closely with designers, engineers, product managers and artists to create and iterate on a wide range of features, including meta, systems, and economy design, as well as content and level design.
The ideal candidate is a flexible and adaptable leader who is comfortable operating in an agile and dynamic environment, and is able to wear many hats to support the team in all aspects of game development.
Join our passionate and dedicated team at Homa and help us shape the future of the gaming industry!
Role & missions – What you will do 🚀
- Define, maintain, and communicate the game design vision for the project to ensure a best-in-class player experience
- Develop strong relationships with Art, Engineering, Product, Marketing, and other departments to turn the vision into a proper game
- Lead the design creation on content, level, and systems and ensure that they support each other
- Inspire, motivate and mentor a small internal team as well as the game design team of our partner studio
- Contribute to the prototypes tests definition, analyze results and iterate on features to ensure the success of the game on both the short-term and the long-term
Preferred background – What you will need 💪
- Extensive understanding, skills, and experience with game design, specifically on systems design, game balancing, and game economies
- An experienced Design Lead with multiple shipped mobile midcore games under your belt
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Absolute passion for playing and making games
- Able to work in a demanding team environment
- Management experience is a big plus
Our Culture — Who we are 🪐
At Homa, we value brains over backgrounds and determination over degrees. We believe actual growth results from diversity — nationalities, backgrounds, skill sets, and personal experiences — all working towards a single objective. If you’ve got the smarts, energy, and motivation, no barriers keep you from going far.
We are the people behind the platform - the creative specialists who give creators the data and expertise they need to fuel their creativity. At Homa, we live by three central values:
- Ambition: we put flags on summits. We set our goals ambitiously high and don’t shy away from the climb. We’re on a mission to take over an industry thick with incumbents who won’t go quietly into the night. To succeed here, you’ll need a highly metaphorical shield and a sword.
- Humility: we put our egos aside. We put our hands up. First to volunteer to help, second to high-five. Having an ego is natural, but letting it run the show is unhelpful to everyone. In the words of Mr. Lamar: Sit down. Be humble.
- Curiosity: we keep our eyes open. We believe the best way to know anything is to question everything. And to do that, you need open eyes and open minds at all times.
If you align with our values and are ready to join a team of creative problem-solvers, apply now and take the first step toward a career at Homa
Success is its own reward, but here are the perks as well.
- Join a team of top-tier talent from 34+ countries, and work with the best in the industry.
- We offer sponsorship, relocation packages, and full remote options, so location is not a barrier to joining our team.
- Work in our newly-renovated Paris HQ, complete with a rooftop garden and WeWork amenities, or take advantage of our remote options.
- Take control of your career growth with two annual performance reviews, giving you the opportunity to earn more and advance quickly.
- Work in a multilingual environment, as we operate primarily in English, so you don't need to speak French to succeed here.
- Experience unique team events and workation opportunities, including our infamous company-wide Homa trip.
- Continuously learn and grow with our culture of knowledge sharing and experience gaining through our learning platform.
- Enjoy essential benefits, including health insurance, meal vouchers, public transport subsidy, child-care benefits, and life insurance (benefits vary by location).